Monday, November 22, 2004

thanksgiving week

I'd love to start a message board sometime to connect some of the wonderful people who have found my music, as they are a disproportionately intelligent and musically-involved group from about 8 different countries.. but who needs another message board? Maybe in the future..

Notice that there is a new link to a music downloading page, where you can still download 2 full tracks from the Emptyself EP, as well as the full web-exclusive single "Occupation". In addition, you can now download 1.5 minute samples of the other songs on the EP, if you don't already have a copy.

As far as the rest of the material, about 5 songs are in the mixing stages, and several more in pre-production. Already the question of live performances is coming up, but I made a decision early on that this was to be art uninhibited by a particular band format, so those arrangements will have to be made after the fact.

Lingus, the funk band I play with, went into the studio today to begin tracking. I am going to mix and produce the CD, but it looks like I won't be there for the rhythm tracking, as I am stuck here in NOLA doing the voices, sfx, and music to a cartoon for Cleco. I am the voice of a man, 2 boys, a girl, and a dog. It's actually enjoyable work, but I regret missing the Lingus sessions.

I hope everyone has a happy thanksgiving... I guess, even though it's not really possible for the people in Iraq.. I guess we can be thankful we are the invaders and not the invaded, just as the pilgrims might have been... So I guess this is the time of year that people of European descent get to be thankful they aren't of some other race.. yeah that must be it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home